Friday, May 4, 2012

How Much Fruits and Veggie Should You Eat?

I was scratching my head a bit as to the the right amount of fruits and veggie that I should eat per day.  The American MyPlate advocates one should fill half of each of your dinner plate with fruits and vegetables.  Still I want to know how much is a cup of fruit or 1/2 cup of veggie. 

Here is the chart from: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/how-much-do-i-need.  According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, for a moderately active woman aged 19-51, one should eat 2 cups of fruits and 3 cups of vegetables.  For a moderately active man, one should eat 2 cups of fruits and 3 1/2 cups of vegetables.  For people who need to control their blood sugar better, I would recommend cutting up their fruit and eat them regularly during the day.


No comments: